E-design is the latest method of designing your home. You've heard about it but you have one question: What the heck is e-design?
E-design is technically electronic design automation. But what does that mean? Simply put, e-design is an easy and affordable virtual design experience. A homeowner works collaboratively with an experienced designer who uses 2D and 3D room boards, floor plans, an online shopping list, and professional design expertise to pull it all together. The best part is the process is completed all within an online software program so the designer can work with you no matter where you are located!
Let's break it down:
Simply contact me and let me know you are interested in learning more about e-design. Or you can click on the design services in my shop.
You'll get an easy to fill out project questionnaire and information on the packages I offer.
Once you have decided on a package you will need to provide these details within your questionnaire.
- Photos of the room
- Room measurements
- Any inspiration photos you like
- Your personal style
- Your budget
That's it! We will then communicate with each other using this one-stop shop design software. This software is easy to use and is where you can send me notes, make payments, view designs and revisions, and order the items I select with you.
I will provide you with a mood board and/or a 3D digital rendering along with a floor plan.
2D Mood Board
The room boards will be accompanied by a detailed shopping list. You will be able to see the projected job cost as well as the descriptions of each item. Any changes you wish to make can be done at this time. Your designer can reselect any of the items you don't care for or even present you with a second room concept. This can all be determined by which package you purchase at the beginning of the project.
Time to order your items! You can place your order right on the same page as your drawings. Once the items arrive at your home, you install them according to the detailed set-up instructions I will give you. Now you have a beautifully designed space that you helped create alongside a professional designer!
I always want to see the end result so be sure to send me the photos of your space once you are finished!
Time to celebrate! Sit back and enjoy your new space!
1. How much does it cost? Every designer will offer different packages to choose from. The package covers the design fee. The purchasing of the specific furnishings and accessories will be done by you and is not included in the package fee. These items will be presented to you in a shopping list so you can review everything and place the order for the items you choose to buy.
2. Can I incorporate items I already have? Absolutely! Just send me a photo of what you would like to use and I will put it in the design.
3. Does it matter where I am located? Not at all! Right now I am working with clients anywhere in the United States. E-design is perfect if you live out of town and want to work with me. But it’s also great if you live in town, want to work with me but only have a limited budget. You get all of the design expertise for less money. Or if you are a DIYer and like to work on your home on your own, but you need some direction, this is a great way to receive that guidance!
4. What if I don't like something that is specified in my design? No problem at all! Simply let me know what you don't like and I will reselect it for you. Most design packages allow an opportunity for revisions to be made.
5. What if I don't like something once I've received it? There is usually a 30-day return policy with any of the vendors I use. Just contact them and find out their policy for returns.
6. Does it matter how many rooms I want to do? I can work with you on just one room, multiple rooms, or even your entire house. It's just a matter of choosing the right package for you up front.
7. What if I am not tech savvy? No problem! The software program I use is as easy as using email.
E-design is taking the design world by storm. With the use of technology, designers have a much farther reach and can work with a much larger client base. This technology makes it easy to put that design expertise right in the palm of your hand.
Are you ready to get started?
I can't wait to get started!